It is no coincidence that our Strategy Map has ‘Fitness Firsters’ at its
foundation: our staff are critical to achieving all of the levels of the
Strategy Map – we understand how important our people are to our
long term success.
It is particularly important that the behaviour of all our staff meets
with our RECIPE values, and our RECIPE framework outlines exactly the
behaviours we expect of our people.
Ensuring we have the right people, sending the right messages to potential applicants, so they fully understand what Fitness
First can offer them: opportunities for personal learning and development, and a career in the fitness industry.
- Implementing appropriate recruitment processes to enable us to select the right talent, yet also give a good experience to
those who apply unsuccessfully.
- Ensuring that we provide an excellent induction experience to set our new joiners off on the right track.
- Committing to quality training and development, providing our staff with opportunities for Certification, clear career plans,
and transparent opportunities for advancement.
- Empowering our people to ensure they have the competence and confidence to contribute to our Mission.
- Rewarding those who meet our high standards of performance and behaviour, and managing the development of those
who need support.
- Selecting and developing the right talent for succession planning.
These steps ensure a high level of staff engagement and productivity to
deliver long term growth for Fitness First.